Nothing improves an American past time quiet like alcohol. Since tonight’s Oscars could go on for over four hours, drinking would definitely help make the show go by faster. Given the predictable nature of awards shows and Hollywood celebrities in general, a fun drinking game isn’t hard to come up with. Enough so that basically every blog and publication has their own version.
Here is The Reel Deal’s official drinking game for the 2015 Academy Awards. In order to win The Reel Deal Oscars 2015 Drinking Game, you must drink every time:
- The cold open is a video that imitates the single continuous take from Birdman.
- Neil Patrick Harris sings during his monologue.
- Neil Patrick Harris does a musical number dressed as Hedwig.
- A joke about North Korea/Sony Hacks
- A joke about Brian Williams
- A joke about how Boyhood took 12 years to make
- A joke about the fake baby in American Sniper
- A joke about Adele Dazeem
- Jared Leto insincerely addresses a timely social/political issue (bonus drinks if he mentions one of these: Islamaphobia, vaccines, ISIS).
- If The Imitation Game wins anything: the winner speaks out about LGBT rights.
- Somebody thanks their agent/manager in their speech.
- Somebody tells their children, who are watching from home, to go to bed.
- Somebody calls Eddie Redmayne’s performance as Stephen Hawking or Julianne Moore’s performance in Still Alice “brave.” Two drinks if both are mentioned.
- Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell present an award together as a way to plug their upcoming film Get Hard.
- The camera pans to Meryl Streep, who acts like it surprises her, even though it doesn’t.
- A re-enactment of last year’s selfie
- Jack Nicholson spotting
- Jennifer Lawrence does something clumsy and folksy.
Drinks of Choice
- Blue Point Toasted Lager: Smooth, light, crispy. Proves that good things can come out of Long Island.
- Dark & Stormy: Gosling’s Rum & Ginger Beer. Drink in a tropical location. Or, drink enough of it and pretend you’re in a tropical location.
- Fat Tire Amber Ale: This great drink sadly isn’t available in the Northeast. So enjoy it if you live west of the Mississippi or south of the Mason Dixon Line.
- Bulleit Bourbon: Drink enough of this and you still won’t be as manly as Ron Swanson. NICE TRY WIMPS